- I am a trained birth and post-natal doula
- I am based in the South-Eastern suburbs of Melbourne
- I support women located and birthing from the tip of Mornington Peninsula up to Melbourne CBD and out to the beautiful Yarra Valley.
- My services are for every woman from the early weeks of pregnancy through to 12 months post birth
- I serve at hospital and homebirths
- I work outside the medical system. I work for my clients. This means I can support all births regardless of circumstances or location.
- I have a deep trust in natural physiological birth
- My service is to support my clients in achieving the birth they desire
- I support all births whether babes arrive vaginally or via C-section. Low risk or high risk
Hello, I’m Kate, a Melbourne based doula, a bit of a birth geek and am passionately driven to support all women to give birth feeling safe, calm, and self assured! I have a deep belief in our bodies innate ability to heal itself and birth our babies.
In my mid 20s I became a mother and gave birth to a tiny baby girl via cesarean section. While I totally understood the need for the medical intervention during birth, my babies birth was treated as a procedure, purely medical and I felt the ripples of it’s negative impacts for years to come. I am so thankful for my first birth because it made me realise ALL births are beautiful and treating all births as sacred no matter how they happen is essential in the expansion of yourself and your family as you make space for a new member.
My philosophy of birth is that it’s all about the mama. I do not possess a rare quality to ensure you have an amazing birth experience, as that power resides within you and I am honoured each time I am able to assist women to own their pregnancy, birth, and post partum. I do believe in the beauty of conscious natural physiological birth. I think whenever possible a mother and child should be left to experience this normal and profound becoming. I am passionate about protecting that and not losing its normality in our society for the sake of procedure. All birth is beautiful when a mother is nurtured, listened to, respected, autonomous and emboldened by the people who surround her. Deeply held. Deeply supported. During a time of such powerful vulnerability and hard work.
Eight years on, two more babies have come, both of which I gave birth to vaginally. While being heavily monitored ‘high risk’ pregnancies and births which was not, I felt, necessary it has propelled me on this magnificent path where I have been joined by other birth professionals, inspirational women, and strong mamas. I couldn’t feel more blessed or be more passionate about my work.
Qualifications, Training, and Associations
- Degree in complimentary medicine (In progress)
- Doula foundation training (completed with Dial a Doula)
- Holding space for pregnancy loss (completed with the Institute for the Study of Birth, Breath, and Death – Amy Glenn)
- Post natal doula training (completed with Dial a Doula)
- Spiritual Midwifery training (Completed with the International College of Spiritual Midwifery)
- When a baby dies training (Completed with LifeOptions)
- Death Doula training, and Advanced Death Doula training (Completed with LifeOptions)
- Victorian state rep and Member of The Doula Network Australia
- Member of The Institute for the Study of Birth, Breath, and Death
- Member of The Australian Breastfeeding Association